Your food: your life - 5 useful advices for healthy nutrition
Besides exercise, healthy diet is also a part of healthy lifestyle. In many places you can hear various tips about how to eat properly. Having all these different pieces of information on your mind it is often hard to find the really credible sources. I thought that it's high time to paint a clear picture, so today I have brought you the United States' current No.1. guidelines. The 5 tips of the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines can be also useful for Hungarian people. How to do it right? Let's investigate together!
1. FOLLOW A HEALTHY EATING PATTERN - ALL THROUGH YOUR LIFE!
- do not forget: your choices determine the quality of your life
- the result of appropriate eating patterns, adequate calorie intakea-> ideal body weight, nutrient adequacy, morevoer you can also prevent the appearance of chronic diseases
- eat enough vegetables, fruit, grains
- include fat free of low fat milk products, foods rich in protein
- limit the amount of saturated fat and transfat injected
- eat less added sugar and sodium dense food
- and watch out how much alcohol you consume (moderate consumption can be beneficial for your health)
2. THE KEY TO SUCCESS: VARIETY, NUTRIENT DENSITY, AND AMOUNT
- have an eye on your nutrient needs, but do it cleverly
- provide your organization with adequate amount of calories
- choose a variety of foods
- select portions of the right size
- ensure the optimal level of adequate vitamines, minerals and other nutrients
3. LESS ADDED SUGAR, SATURATED FAT, SODIUM
- decrease their consumption, in all forms
- new to the previous guidelines: you do not necessarily have to restrict the amount of dietary cholesterol
4. MAKE MORE HEALTY CHOICES!
- choose healthier food
- however in the meantime watch out for your own body's signals
- each of us are different, so something that has a positive impact on one of us might be harmful for someone else
5. SPREAD YOUR POSITIVE HABITS WITHIN YOUR COMMUNITY AS WELL!
- do not forget: your role is critical
- if you already live and eat healthy yourself, spread the positive pattern in your family, among your friends, at your workplace, in your school
- currently approximately 70% of mankind are fat or overweight - demonstrate an example how we can preserve the health of the future generations!
Are you longing for a more fit, healthier type of life? On my social media sites you can learn a number of further interesting articles about the topic. If you feel like you would like to work even deeper on the topic and you need personalized help, get in touch with me and together we will find the key to your own solution!
lifestyle change, business & life coach