Typical interview questions during the pandemic - Get a new job in 2021
Are you getting bored at your job and would you like to get a new one? Have you recently lost yours and are you looking for another? Or have you just received your degree and are you a new entrant on the job market? Anyhow it is, the changes of the past months can be felt during job search as well. If you want to get a new job, you have to apply different methods than a good few years ago. Online interviews, video conference, Zoom introduction, partly online, partly personal recruitment... and certainly the interview topics are not the same any more, either. What kind of questions can you expect during a 2021 interview? I have brought along a few of them for today.
Interview questions during the pandemic. They revolve around 3 main topics: empathy, stress management, adaptability. To turn it into practical language: in the tough situation sympathyze with your potentical leader and colleague, during the interview let them know how you accepted the lemon then tell a story about how you have turned it into lemonade! As per the old saying: if life offers you lemons, make lemonade! Do you remember how many times in the past more than one year you got into a situation to resolve and how great it would have been if you had received help, wouldn't It? Well, if you prepare in advance as per the questions below, you will most probably finish a successful interview. The set of questions put together just for you looks like this:
- How do you handle the challenges caused by quarantine, the general uncertainty and stress?
- Are you willing to work from home?
- Have you already worked from home? What adaptation does the changed situation require from you?
- How has Covid-19 impacted your team and your company?
- What impact has the coronavirus epidemic had on your job hunt?
- Has Covid-19 changed your visions of your future career?
- If we happen to have a very successful year in 2022, what will it be like? Why will it be successful?
- What does your schedule look like for a workday at home?
- What do you like about working at home and what do you find challenging?
- Do you have your own separated space at home for homeoffice?
- Do you have the internet connection / telephone line necessary for your work?
- What devices do you like to communicate with, if you work from home?
- Do you have an experience about the usage of theSkype, Whatsapp, Zoom, Microsoft Teams applications preferred to be used when working from home?
- What do you think about video calls? Are you willing to use them for group meetings if necessary?
- What motivates you when you can meet your team only virtually, from home?
- What motivates you if you work far from your colleagues, in a calmer environment, accompanied by only a few people?
- What would happen if during working from home a technical error occurred, which you cannot solve remotely, so you would not be able to manage a home-based project as per the expectations?
- What would you do if your internet connection was broken and you would not be able to reply to your mails or dial in for a meeting?
- Do you inform your team about taking breaks during work (e.g. when your lunch is delivered, you have to to school for your children)?
- How do you relax in the end of the workday to be able to handle the workload and avoid burnout?
- Are you willing to attend your workplace in person even during the pandemic?
- Do you travel by your own vehicle or by public transport?
- Are you flexible (about starting times, breaks), so that the necessary distance could be kept?
- Do you have any security related questions about your workplace?
- What lessons have you learned during the pandemic?
- How do you feel about getting back to the office later?
- Have you learnt any new skills in the past few months?
Have you found a new job recently? Do you have an own success story? If yes, please do not hesiate to share them with me/us, so that we could help others as well!
lifestyle change & career coach
#karolyvizdakcoach #careercoach #coronavirus #jobhunting #interview #questions #2021 #newjob