Would you like to climb to the top of the corporate ladder? Are you aware of those characteristics of yours, which could be the biggest obstacles to reaching your goals? If your answer is no, please join me in discovering them today.
Dr. Marshall Goldsmith, the well-known leadership coach, author of numerous management books from the United States identified 21 characteristics through his decades long leadership development career, which can be very useful to advance from the bottom of the corporate ladder, but can be great obstacles when striving for the top. Contrary to the well-known To-Do list of managers, the famous expert put together a TO-STOP list, which includes the following 21 elements:
1. Winning too much.
2. Adding too much value.
3. Passing judgment.
4. Making destructive comments.
5. Starting with "no," "but" or "however."
6. Telling the world how smart we are.
7. Speaking when angry.
8. Negativity ("Let me explain why that won't work.").
9. Withholding information.
10. Failing to give proper recognition.
11. Claiming credit we do not deserve.
12. Making excuses.
13. Clinging to the past.
14. Playing favorites.
15. Refusing to express regret.
16. Not listening.
17. Failing to express gratitude.
18. Punishing the messenger.
19. Passing the buck.
20. An excessive need to be "me."
21. Refusing to accept any responsibility for needing to change.
Have you realized that some of these characteristics are also typical of you? If yes, then it's time to start working on yourself! It's never too late to become who you might have been.
If you feel like I can be of any help in reaching your goals, please call me on +36302781905 or message me at firstname.lastname@example.org !
business and life coach
#karolyvizdakcoach #risetothetop #marshallgoldsmith #tostoplist #21characteristics #becomealeader